Here are my tweets since departure:
- 11:38am First flat at the edge of the pistachio orchards with the hills in sight. All patched up now and ready to go.
- 1:11pm Safe and sound at the Raymond General Store eating the first bacon cheeseburger of the trip.
- 5:13pm Safely at the Steinberg’s house in Coarsegold! I got another flat 1 mile from the end so I am heading to the bike shop in Oakhurst to get it checked out.
- 8:19am The trip feels very real today, more real than it did yesterday. Big climb to Yosemite Valley. Quite a few butterflies in my stomach. Hitting the road in about 15 minutes.
- 3:22pm Another pit stop at the bike shop in Oakhurst this morning to adjust Toby’s brakes. Didnt leave until 1215 but the bike is running great now. I deviated from my planned route on the recommendation of the shop manager. Took 49 to mariposa to avoid the narrow and steep hwy 41. Just arrived in mariposa and am eagerly awaiting a grilled chicken sandwich before continuing on hwy 140 into the park.
- 9:36pm Made it to yosemite valley at about 845pm as it got pitch dark. Roads were slick from light rain showers all afternoon. When I got to the loop road, a nice couple gave me a lift the final 7 miles to camp 4. All campsites taken but made a friend. Waking up at 6am so I don’t get a ticket. There’s a good chance I can get an official spot for tomorrow night. After 75 miles today, I am very much looking forward to burrowing into my sleeping bag.
- 10:18pm The Puff is in action and the tent is up. Time for bed! picture
- 6:05am Number 12 in line at 6am ! picture
You can follow these updates in real-time here.